Everything I do and write flows from two fundamental beliefs:
- We have the power to choose. With that power, we can transcend even the worst circumstances imaginable. That power is God-given and sacred, and must be protected through good forms of government.
- The common man can live a life of greatness. That knowledge helps me exercise my power to choose with virtue, honesty, wisdom, and courage.
I’m a common man who writes to inspire common men and women to live with greatness and to move the cause of liberty.
My popular “Inspiration Weekly” newsletter features exclusive articles from me every Monday morning.
I’m passionate about entrepreneurship because, next to raising a family, nothing else more effectively forces people to face their deepest fears and conquer their toughest struggles. By revealing the worst in you, it brings out the best in you. Furthermore, building a small business is one of the best things common men and women can do to move the cause of liberty.
My Top 10 Posts
New to my site? Start with my top 10 posts:
- “A Political Independent’s Manifesto”
- “Education Must Precede Activism”
- “Becoming One Who Goes Before”
- “Why Freedom Lovers are Their Own Worst Enemies”
- “Why Your Vote Doesn’t Matter (And it’s Not What You’re Thinking)”
- “Was Jesus Christ a Liberal Socialist?”
- “Libertarianism: The Threat and the Opportunity”
- “The Declaration of Dependence”
- “What are We Socializing Them For?”
- “When Saw We Thee…?”
I’m author of Uncommon Sense: A Common Citizen’s Guide to Rebuilding America, the founder of Life Manifestos, a founding partner of The Center for Social Leadership, and a book writer for mission-driven leaders.
I co-authored, with Garrett Gunderson, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Businessweek, and Amazon bestseller Killing Sacred Cows: Overcoming the Financial Myths that are Destroying Your Prosperity. I also co-authored, with Kris Krohn, The Conscious Creator: 6 Laws for Manifesting Your Masterpiece Life, as well as Hub Mentality: Shifting from Business Transactions to Community Interactions with Carl Woolston.
A political independent and dedicated learner and promoter of personal, financial, and governmental freedom, I’m passionate about political philosophy, economics, history, personal finance, entrepreneurship, religion and spirituality, family, education and culture. (See my favorite books and movies.)
I’m also a graduate and faculty member of Wizard Academy, a “non-traditional business school” with an emphasis on the art and science of persuasive communication.
My wife and I are raising our four children in southern Utah.
When I’m not writing or spending time with my family, you’ll find me reading, canyoneering in Zion National Park, gardening, or playing basketball.