God’s Laws of Finance: A Guide to Personal Finance From LDS Prophets
Free E-Book Reveals How to Prosper By Following Prophetic Counsel
God’s Laws of Finance, by Stephen and Karina Palmer, collates prophetic doctrine on personal finance into an authoritative, comprehensive guide to financial success.
This free e-book is for LDS members seeking righteous prosperity. It orders financial doctrine into an easily-understandable and memorable model to keep you on the right track.
It dispels myths and provides hundreds of links to authoritative sources.
Download the e-book for free by completing the form on the right.
Why Did We Write This?
After years of being immersed in the “prosperity industry,” spending well over $100,000 on financial education through books and seminars, we found ourselves buried in debt and on the brink of bankruptcy after a series of investment blunders.
Humbled to the core, we realized that despite our intense study of personal finance, investing, and entrepreneurship, we had never studied in depth what the prophets have consistently taught on the subjects.
Like most Saints, we knew the basics, but not as much as we should have. We were ashamed that we had heeded the “wisdom of men” over prophets — and our financial failure was a direct result.
This realization plunged us into an exhaustive study of personal finance from a revelatory perspective.
We pored over scriptures, conference talks, books, pamphlets, and anything we could find from prophetic sources that would illuminate financial truths and help us discern the “philosophies of men, mingled with scripture.”
The result was the emergence of a comprehensive model that gave us a big-picture overview of the purpose and appropriate use of prosperity, as well as detailed advice regarding every aspect of finances.
We’ve exhausted hours poring over conference talks, scriptures, and books by authorized representatives of the LDS Church. The following talks and scriptures are the cream of the crop from our studies:
- Constancy Amid Change by N. Eldon Tanner
- Guide to Family Finance by Marvin J. Ashton
- The Use & Abuse of Blessings by Brigham Young
- Thrift: The Foundation of Prosperity by Joseph F. Smith
- The Household of Faith by J. Richard Clarke
- Earthly Debts, Heavenly Debts by Joseph B. Wirthlin
- Personal and Family Financial Preparedness by Franklin D. Richards
- Providing For Our Needs by M. Russell Ballard
- It’s No Fun Being Poor by Marvin J. Ashton
- Blessings in Self-Reliance by Mark E. Peterson
- The Celestial Nature of Self-Reliance by Marion G. Romney
- The Lord Will Prosper the Righteous by Dean L. Larsen
- The Times in Which We Live by Gordon B. Hinckley
- Doing the Best Things in the Worst of Times by James E. Faust
- Becoming Provident Providers: Temporally & Spiritually by Robert D. Hales
- Spiritual & Temporal Security by Joseph L. Wirthlin
- Greed, Selfishness, and Overindulgence by Joe Christensen
- Tithing: An Opportunity to Prove Our Faithfulness by Gordon B. Hinckley
- Domestic Economy by Brigham Young
- What’s In It For Me? by James E. Faust
- Brother’s Keeper by Dallin H. Oaks
- The Law of Abundance by Franklin D. Richards
- The Gospel: The Foundation of Our Career by Boyd K. Packer
- This is No Harm by Marvin J. Ashton
- The Father’s Duty to Foster the Welfare of His Family by H. Burke Peterson
- The Perfect Law of Liberty by Marion G. Romney
- But Be Ye Doers of the Word by L. Tom Perry
- Watch, That Ye May Be Ready by Harold B. Lee
- United In Building the Kingdom of God by L.Tom Perry
- As a Man Soweth by L. Tom Perry
- The Tragic Cycle by Marion D. Romney
- “Beware Lest Thou Forget the Lord” by Dean L. Larsen
- “For Whatsoever a Man Soweth, That Shall He Also Reap” by L. Tom Perry
- Becoming Self-Reliant by L. Tom Perry
- “Give With Wisdom That Ye May Receive With Dignity” by Marvin J. Ashton
- The Blessings We Receive as We Meet the Challenges of Economic Stress by James E. Faust
- Guiding Principles of Personal and Family Welfare by Thomas S. Monson
- Socialism & the United Order Compared by Marion G. Romney
- Prepare for the Days of Tribulation by Ezra Taft Benson
- The Stone Cut Without Hands by Spencer W. Kimball
- Family Preparedness by Spencer W. Kimball
- Principles of Temporal Salvation by Marion G. Romney
- The Responsibility for Welfare Rests with Me and My Family by James E. Faust
- Pay They Debt, and Live by Ezra Taft Benson
- Two Principles for Any Economy by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- The Road to Financial Security
- True & False Riches by Brigham Young
- Duties of the Gathered Saints by George Q. Cannon
- On the Prosperity of the Saints by Joseph F. Smith