My Bucket List
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” -Henry David Thoreau
The following are the most inspiring, challenging, or just plain fun things I want to accomplish before I die.
These goals are posted on the wall of my office where I read them every day:
- Become financially free ($10,000/month in residual income).
- Pay off my house.
- Help 1,000 families become financially free (residual income exceeding expenses).
- Earn $1 million/year in residual income.
- Build a classical-based entrepreneurship school.
- Build an email database to 1 million.
- Publish a novel that makes me cry.
- Sell a million copies of my books.
- Write a State of the Union Address for a president.
- Write a screenplay (story of George Washington and/or the Mayflower).
- Dunk a basketball before the age of 40.
Get down to 185 pounds.
- Do a 2-month U.S. history trip with my family.
- Do a 2-month Europe trip with my family.
- Go on a cruise with my family.
- Write a poem for each of my children and read it to them at their wedding.
- Fund an orphanage in Africa.
- Start a charity.
- Watch a live performance of Rob Gardner’s “Lamb of God” production.
- Build Karina the kitchen of her dreams.
- Buy the perfect wedding ring for Karina.
- Go to Tahiti with Karina for our 20th wedding anniversary.
- Do every canyon in Tom’s Canyoneering Guide.
- Go helicopter canyoneering with Barry Perkins.
- Build a greenhouse on my property.
- Harvest raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, oranges, kiwis, avocados, olives, and pecans from my property.
- Watch my grandkids play in our backyard and pick and eat fruit from our trees and eat produce from our garden.
- Create a game.
- Build a family reunion lodge.
- See Rodrigo y Gabriela live.
What’s your bucket list? Do you have your goals written down?
I challenge you to do so, for as Tony Robbins said,
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”